Want to be more successful at getting hired for that right job? See if these tips will work for you…
- Be focused about the job you want. Know what you enjoy doing, your current skill set and future goals. Then research the company to ensure it will be a good fit, and how you can be an asset to the business.
- Be referred. Do you have a friend or family member that either works where you want to work, or knows an influential person within the company? Ask if they would help you get a foot in the door. Can they provide any tips on the culture of the company, what type of person the company would prefer to hire, and what type of questions you may be asked in an interview.
- Be credible. Have solid references lined-up prior to applying for a position. Ensure your references are aware of the type of position you are seeking. Discuss the types of questions they may be asked and how they might respond.
- Be find-able. Using the knowledge that you have now gained, create a resume and cover letter that are geared specifically to the position and company. Then post the resume online directly to the job posting. If you have not found a specific job with a company, try posting your resume to a professional site, such as LinkedIn.
- Be reachable. Ensure your contact information on your resume and cover letter is current, with easy access to call you. Make sure the greeting message for your phone is professional sounding and includes your name. Ensure the caller can easily leave a message if you are not available.
If you are working with a recruiter, such as Integrated Staffing, follow any additional recommendations they may provide.